Several additional recommendations to those quoted in l'Express can by viewed by clicking on the following link and reading ADVIN's article "How to protect yourself during your hospital stay."
• Avoid shaving before treatment in order to prevent micro cuts that could allow bacteria to get in to your system.
• Don't touch any medical equipment that penetrates the skin such as catheters or drainage tubes.
• Ask each visitor to disinfect his or her hands with an alcohol based gel or foam.
• Before allowing health care workers to touch you, ask them if they have washed their hands. This can be somewhat embarrassing for patients but it could mean the difference between healing properly and getting an infection.
• Don't allow visitors to bring plants of flowers to your room.
• Avoid placing objects on shelves or near windows.
|< Prev||Next >|